Brandon Area Psychology Associates is one of the leading behavioral health practices in the Brandon Florida area. Our team of independent practitioners includes licensed child, adolescent, and adult psychologists, therapists, and post-doctoral residents who have experience, training, and skill in numerous areas within the field of psychology. We provide a variety of services and our newly built 3600 sqft building is ideally located in Brookwood Office Park on Bloomingdale Avenue between Bryan and John Moore roads in Brandon, Florida. We conveniently serve the Valrico, Lithia, FishHawk, Brandon, Riverview, Sun City, Plant City, Gibsonton, greater Tampa, and Apollo Beach Florida communities.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Notice
Our office remains open and we continue to take additional steps to ensure a safe and sanitary environment. Moving forward we will continue to encourage social distancing and limiting the number of people in the office.
You understand that by coming to the office, you are assuming the risk of exposure to the coronavirus (or other public health risk). An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. For example, this risk may increase if you travel by public transportation, eat at restaurants, go to retail stores, enter shared air-condition spaces, socialize with people outside of your family etc…
We ask that a maximum of 2 people per family (client and one other person) enter the waiting room. For sibling sessions, we ask that a maximum of 3 people per family (two clients and one other person) enter the waiting room. Please enter the waiting room no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
If the waiting room is full and does not allow for 6 feet social distancing, please email your provider. Your provider will come out to escort you in.
Each provider has their own policy regarding the use face masks. Please consult with your provider for specific face mask policies they have in place.
If your provider does not have a specific policy, at a minimum we ask that a face mask is worn for when 6 feet social distancing cannot be maintained.
*** UPDATE 6/22/2020. Hillsborough County has mandated the use of masks in all business settings with a few exceptions. Specifically, people with medical conditions and children under 2 years old are not required to wear a mask. The county order applies to anyone who cannot stay 6 feet away from others inside public spaces.
At a minimum, please bring and wear a mask in case you and/or your child (when applicable) cannot maintain 6 feet social distancing.
If more members are present in your party, please email your provider when you arrive and they will come out to the parking lot to escort you inside to keep the numbers in the waiting room to a minimum. We ask that everyone use the available hand sanitizer in the entry of the building and adhere to 6 feet social distancing.
As the novel coronavirus COVID-19 impacts our community, we will continue to watch the situation closely and consider recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Florida Department of Health, and local authorities.
- Enhanced sanitizing procedure and frequent (hourly) cleaning throughout the building, including but not limited to doorknobs, faucets, toilet handles/seats, armchairs/chairs, light switches, and door jambs.
- Removal of books, magazines, and other items (toys) that are unable to be properly sanitized.
- Access to hand sanitizer, Lysol/Clorox (or similar) spray and wipes, and hand soap in all common areas.
- Rescheduling sessions with clients who have recently traveled out of state to areas noted by the CDC to be Warning – Level 3 and/or Alert – Level 2.
- Conducting telehealth sessions, as needed or upon request.
- Rescheduling clients that are sick or presenting with illness.
- Walking clients in from parking lot to ensure 6 social distancing in the waiting room, as needed or upon request (please send email).
- Limiting number of people in building and in session.
- If 6 feet social distancing cannot be maintained in the all common areas, please wear a face mask. Please bring a face mask in case in case you need it.
- Touch-less temperature checks as needed, or by provider discretion.
The health and safety of our clients has always been our priority and since this is an evolving situation, we will continue to make operational changes as needed.
Our mission is to empower the children, adults, and families of our community by providing services that enhance their emotional well-being and strengthen their relationships. We are dedicated to the highest ethical standards and treat each client with dignity and respect.